Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

marks the day of my three months being here. The day I arrived was August 26, 2009. wow. It seems like such a long time ago but three months is nothing. It’s a summer basically. I am being harder on myself with learning the language because everyone knows English here and I really really want to master Croatian. Or at least carry on a conversation in Croatian. I will, I know I will.

Thanksgiving marks my progress here in this amazing city. It’s surreal, really, that I am even here. I am living this dream. My dream. I don’t know how to explain it. Anyway, I am doing better at trying to be better at Croatian (does that make sense?) and I have friends and I love my life. I don’t want to go home. I am supposed to be here and it’s great.

I don’t know what else to say? Wish you guys were here to experience this so I didn’t have to find words to describe this crazy dream. Christmas is going to weird I feel and I desperately would like a Jewish Christmas with my exchange friends just to avoid the awkward Christmas celebration with my host family.

No comments:

Post a Comment